Cogswell College today announced the launch of its new Master of Entrepreneurship & Innovation (MEI) program. This comprehensive one-year graduate program for creative professionals teaches entrepreneurial skills vital to both startups and established organizations being impacted by the extraordinary pace of change across creative industries.
The program is taught in eight-week intensive semesters, with the first session beginning October 22, 2012. Applications for the MEI program are now being accepted.
“Our unique program provides experiential learning for creative entrepreneurs taught by creative entrepreneurs,” said Debby Hindus, Executive Director of the Entrepreneurship Programs at Cogswell College. “Our program takes creative ventures seriously as businesses.”
Cogswell College’s MEI program is a faculty comprised largely of serial entrepreneurs who have launched and successfully managed their own creative ventures. In addition to providing students with fundamentals for operating a business, the Cogswell faculty will use students’ own projects as teaching opportunities, helping them fast-track their business idea or company project through implementation.
Another advantage of Cogswell College’s MEI program is its location in the heart of Silicon Valley, providing students access to professional resources and the entrepreneurial eco-system that has nurtured some of the world’s most influential companies.
“Whether you’re a film director, aspiring studio head, audio engineer, animator or involved in any number of creative pursuits, knowing how to take a creative concept from inception to success requires broad skills,” said Michael Huber, Cogswell’s award-winning Project X Director and Distinguished Lecturer in Animation. “This program provides business expertise along with the hands-on experience needed to succeed in a creative venture.”
Details About the MEI Program
Cogswell’s MEI program is specifically designed for “Black Collar” entrepreneurs – creative professionals seeking to combine their artistic and creative talents with essential business skills to create or grow new ventures or be creative leaders in larger organizations. Students can choose from one of five areas of specialization:
• Technology: specialized coursework in Technology Venture Finance and Management and Technology Product Development.
• Animation: specialized coursework in Animation Film Marketing and Animation and Visual Effects Production Management.
• Audio: specialized coursework in Audio Production and Audio Engineering.
• Games: specialized coursework in Game Development: Concept to Green light and Game Development: Preproduction to Proof-of-Concept is offered.
• Interactive Marketing: specialized coursework in Engagement Analytics/Brands and Conversations as well as Engagement Campaigns.