This summer the Spanish exchange students studying at Cogswell College had the opportunity to tour several bay area digital media companies. The visits were part of the six week Digital Production Studios course led by Albert Chen, Director of the Game Design program. They visited the following:
- Engineering Simulation Animation Lab (ESAL) at Cogswell
- Namco Bandai internal development studio in Santa Clara
- Concept Art House in San Francisco
- LucasArts and ILM at the Letterman Digital Art Center in the Presidio, S.F.
- Lucas Animation and Skywalker Ranch in San Rafael
- The Microsoft campus in Mountain View
- The Apple campus in Cupertino
- Electronic Arts and Visceral Games studio in Redwood Shores
Students talked to industry professionals in the video game and digital media industries and learned first-hand how development and production teams work.
Highlights of the tours included:
- Walking by Steve Jobs in the Apple cafeteria
- Eating at the main house at Skywalker Ranch and seeing actual props from the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movie series
- Seeing actual ILM models and props from various famous movies
- Surprise access to Visceral Game’s production pit
Learn more about Cogswell’s Game Design Degree Program.
-Bonnie Phelps, Dean of Institutional Advancement