Posts Tagged ‘afford college’

How Do You Apply for Financial Aid?

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010

fafsaThe basic application used to apply for financial aid at any school in the nation is called the FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application is used to apply for federal, state, and institutional sources of financial aid. If you cannot apply online, you may obtain a paper FAFSA directly from the college or by calling the US Department of Education directly at 800.4.FED.AID (800.433.3243). The Cogswell Polytechnical College’s school code is: 001177. Be sure to list the Cogswell Polytechnical College when completing Step 6 of the FAFSA.

Need to file the FAFSA quickly? Go on-line with FAFSA On The Web. FAFSA on the Web is a free Internet site with easy-to-follow screens and extensive on-line instructions to help you complete the FAFSA using “interview” style questions. It will edit your information as it is entered, ensuring better data quality and reduced rejection rates.

You may also complete a renewal FAFSA using FAFSA On The Web. The renewal process is faster in that it will retrieve the information that you filed last year and allow you to make updates as appropriate rather than having to start from scratch. You must request an Electronic Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your renewal FAFSA Application. Please see the FAFSA On The website for complete information and instructions for requesting your PIN. Cogswell Polytechnical College Title IV School Code for use on FAFSA is 001177.