Cogswell’s Senior Quotes

SeniorDinner2010

One of the traditions at the annual Senior Dinner is to have the seniors fill out cards about their experiences while at Cogswell.  Here are this year’s responses:

When I leave Cogswell, the thing I am going to miss the most is….

“The Game Club couch.  My home away from home.”

“The community.  Knowing the name of every student.  Calling the teachers by their first names.  It was a level of friendliness hard to find at larger schools.”

“Working with other friends and students to learn how to work as a team on fun and challenging projects.”

Being able to go to the movies with a group of people who afterwards discuss the sub-surface-scattering and deformation.”

“Ice Station Zebra.”

“Working on projects late into the night while watching movies and listening to music in the classrooms.”

“Developing relationships with my fellow classmates in my major as we took this journey together, being in the same classes.”

“The interaction with instructors and fellow students.”

“That vending machine that gives you back more change than you put in.”

My favorite class at Cogswell was…..

“Thomas Applegate’s sculpture classes and Reid Winfrey’s concept design class.  Both awesome teachers and amazing artists!”

“Animal drawing and motion.  I think my use of gesture and construction really showed improvement in this class.  I really felt like I was getting it!  Also it got me off my butt and working outside of the classroom!”

“Drawing for animation because Jeff makes it so much fun, despite how hard the class is.  And at the end of the semester, you have improved so much, it’s amazing.”

“Figure drawing.  I learned so much from Reid Winfrey.”

“Music Theory with Tim Duncan.  I learned so much about music and musicianship in only 3 months.”

“Fire Science Senior Project because final report focused on a real world problem impacting our fire service.”

“Drawing for Animation and Figure Drawing 2 with Jeff Jackson because he threatens good.”

“Portrait Sculpture was awesome.  Thomas Applegate taught me a lot about anatomy and sculpture.”

“Creativity with Reid.  The look on people’s faces when I tell them I shaved off all my body hair and covered myself in Elmer’s Glue for a class project never gets old.”

I am thankful that Cogswell taught me……

“Gesture (incredibly important!), anatomy, patience (still working on this one), dedication.”

“Character rigging!”

“How to write well researched reports and essays.”

“That no matter how good I think I am, I can become many times better.  There is always so much to learn.”

“How to tie my shoes.  JK.  How to be a citizen of this world.”

“How to be a badass.”

“How to spot a good montage in film.”

Please describe a memorable moment at Cogswell…..

“Working with Josh Cogswell and Mike Sandborn on the Cogswell Game Challenge.  For 3 days and 2 nights I had the privilege of working with two of Cogswell’s finest.  Their drive and passion was an inspiration to us all.”

“Jeff Jackson telling me, and I quote, ‘Draw better or I’ll kill you’.”

“It was 3:00 am, Josh, Andrew and I were working on our demo reels and we took a break by racing scooters down the hallway.  Then the janitors thought Mike Huber was a hobo.”

“Last Halloween party.”

“When I brought Andrew Jennings back to school with me and the students and staff were excited to see him again.”

“Playing the drums for fellow students on their recording projects.”

“When Derrick Reyes brought a sleeping bag into the Smart Lab because it was so cold.”

“Days spent in Project X working alongside great classmates.”

Tags: