Ambassador Blog by Julia Campbell, Digital Art & Animation

julia

Hi! I’m Julia Campbell and I’m a senior in the Digital Art and Animation program, with an Entertainment Design concentration. My favorite class this semester is honestly probably Creative Writing. I haven’t taken a humanities class since my undergraduate experience at Scripps College, and I’d forgotten how much fun they can be. Richard Schimf is also an excellent teacher and keeps the class interesting. My most challenging class this semester is Acting. I’ve always been terrified of physical performance in front of people, and taking the class is really forcing me to break out of that and get over my fears. It’s also interesting to see how a script can be performed in a variety of different ways for a variety of meanings, and I can see how it must help Animators to really understand those nuances.

What event am I most looking forward to this semester? Ooooh, well for a while it was definitely the jaunt out to see Where the Wild Things Are with the Associated Student Body. Now that that’s over, I’d probably have to say the next thing I’m looking forward to is the release of Disney’s The Princess and the Frog! I guess that will come out once school is finished, but I’ll probably still see it with classmates. I’m also excited about the Halloween party Cogswell will be hosting. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I love all of the extra events and fun that come with it!

Tags: , , ,