Finals week! Oh noes!

christiansleeping

It’s finals week at Cogswell!! Finals week is always a time of stress as students stay up all night cramming for the next day’s exam or finishing up the last project. It’s also an exciting time as well though – finals mean the end of the semester and two weeks of vacation! While they were “deep in the trenches,” we asked students how much sleep they got, what was their hardest final and what they plan to do when it’s over!

“I tried to go to bed at 10 pm last night, but that didn’t work. I still managed to get 7 hours of sleep though! My hardest final this semester is storyboarding. Why? It’s a Jeff Jackson class! After finals I’m going to empty out the Game Club room, paint it and buy some new things from Ikea to furnish it.”

~ Brody Brooks, Junior, Digital Art & Animation – Modeling, Game Club President

“I slept for about 5 hours last night. Trig is my hardest final because math is tough! After finals I’m going to PARTY for 2 weeks!!”

~ Charles Hill, Freshman, Digital Art & Animation – Game Development & Modeling

“I got 8 hours of sleep last night. My hardest final is Trig because I’m not good at math. But after finals I plan to go home to Sacramento for a week!”

~ Andrew Severns, Freshman, Digital Art & Animation – Game Development

“I got just under 7 hours of sleep last night. The hardest final this semester for me is the Capstone Research project (also known as the 20-page-paper class) because I still have a lot to write. I have no idea what I’ll do after finals are over.”

~ Tim Ong, Senior, Digital Art & Animation – Game Development

“I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. My hardest final is Texturing because the entire process is new in Maya, there are a lot of steps. After finals I will be going to Indiana to see a friend and go to a concert!”

~ Christian Henderson, Senior, Digital Art & Animation – Game Development

“I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. Probably my texturing final is the hardest, my teacher runs the class kinda like the industry – no make up or extra credit work, no late projects and high expectations. When finals are over I’m going to get some rest and prepare for the Fall.”

~ Nicholas Lindberg, Sophomore, Digital Art & Animation – Modeling

“I got 4 hours of sleep last night. Animation is my hardest final because I suck at animating. I love animating, but I’m a rigger. After finals I am going to sleep!!”

~ Jessica “Psy” DeLacy, Senior, Digital Art & Animation – Animation

“I didn’t get any sleep last night. Between Physics and Drawing for Animation – Drawing for Animation is my harder final. Once finals are over, I’m going home to Oregon.”

~ Kyle Dever, Junior, Digital Art & Animation – Animation

“I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night! Graphics Programming is my hardest final because programming is always a lot of work. When finals are over, hopefully I will go up to Canada.”

~ Nathan Hillier, Junior, Digital Arts Engineering & Software Engineering

“I got 2 hours of sleep last night. I don’t have finals – I’m not in classes right now, I just like to come to school and work on modeling. I actually think it’s kinda boring not having finals. Once everyone else is done with finals, I’m just going to keep on modeling.”

~ Shane Finley, Junior, Digital Art & Animation – Modeling

“Shane does more work than people actually taking classes.” ~ Jessica “Psy” DeLacy

- Rachael Reisdorf, Design Coordinator

Tags: ,