Cutting Loose in the Summertime

Are we having fun yet?

Are we having fun yet?

On June 28th, 17 intrepid adventurers set off for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo. Little did they know that temperatures would climb close to the 100 degree mark. The heat made the water rides a must on everyone’s to-do list. The day of fun in the sun was topped off by visiting the animals and riding the thrill rides! 

This Associated Student Body sponsored event is one of many great activities offered to students throughout the year.

When asked what their favorite part of the day was, students answered:

“I had fun with all of my friends riding rides and seeing the white tiger.  I especially liked the ride Medusa!  I would love to go again!” – Andrew Severns

“Some of the rides weren’t working in the morning so I was happy when we finally got to ride them in the afternoon.  I also liked that ASB was able to fund most of the trip so we only had to pay $10 each!” ~ Phil Jenne, ASB President

“My favorite part of the day was feeding giraffes and going on the water ride!” – Nick Lindberg

“Riding the elephant was incredible.  That was my favorite part!”  – Tobiah Marks

-Bonnie Phelps, Dean of Institutional Advancement

MarineWorld2

Tags: , , ,